Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wellness Wednesday - Holiday Frazzle

What are people most stressed about during the holidays?

Lack of time - 69%
Lack of money 69%
Pressure to give gifts 51%

How do we respond?

Sadness 59%
Lack of sleep - 56%
Lack of energy 55%

So what are some way to avoid becoming a statistic?

1. Have an outlet (something you enjoy)
2. Control your "stressors"
3. Hang out with friends
4. Focus on positive
5. Try to find balance.

Above info received from this website.

I'm probably about 2/3 of the way finished Christmas shopping. I'm just no good at it. I feel like I get bad gifts and I'm way cheaper than everyone else. I hugely stress about it. I stress about money. I stress about  having something to do every second of every day. This is not what the holiday should be.

I spend a lot of time wrapping gifts tonight. I do have to say...I'm loving the way the tree looks with gifts under it, and I'm fairly confident about the gifts I've purchase thus far...I'm excited to give Matt his gift too. I like to buy him things :)


Also: Happy 51st Birthday to my Dad!

2 comments:

  1. So, I have to ask...what does Hannah believe or think about Santa if you put your gifts under the tree before Christmas?

    These two weeks of Christmas are so dang stressful!!! I wish I could be one of those people that are done shopping in November and have an Advent activity for every day and cookies baked and wrapped and....blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Santa is interesting in our house. Matt didn't believe and I did. He didn't want Hannah to believe but I did...so we kind of do nothing.

    She sits on Santa's lap and has fun with it but the Christmas gifts on Christmas morning are from mom and dad. Most of those gifts under the tree aren't hers in that picture anyway.

    She just asked me the other day, "If we don't have a chimney, how does Santa get in."

    I don't want to tell her Santa isn't real because: #1 it's fun to believe, and #2 I don't need her telling all the other kids he isn't real.

    So, I just said "Santa's just a fun thing about Christmas, just like princesses." She knows princesses are pretend fun so that answer was sufficient for her.

    I will never be a person who's done shopping in November! I can't even find my head right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts