Monday, January 4, 2010

Money Monday - Goals for 2010

What are your financial goals for 2010?

Will you attempt to pay off a bill? A credit card? A car?

I really had a lot of Financial Goals. I know they probably won't all be accomplished this year!

Here they are:

Save $15,000 by July. 
I'd like to have $10,000 in an Emergency Fund and $5,000+ for a car.
In order to do this, we'll need to save $1700 a month. It might be a stretch.

Get pregnant/have a baby! 
This is not strictly financial of course, but because of our insurance it will probably cost us at least $3000 I'm guessing, so we need to plan!

Finish the floor in the attic and get all of our junk up there. 
This shouldn't cost much. Hopefully less than $200.

Get the plumbing done in the basement for a bathroom. 
This is going to cost around $4,000. Hopefully we can do that this fall.


Start contributing to retirement funds
This will hopefully start in June when Matt's fiscal year turns over.

I'll keep you posted on the progress!

I'd love to hear your financial goals for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts