Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spiritual Sunday - Trekking along

Well, I'm still on my "read the Bible in 90 days" journey. I think I'm a day behind schedule, but I'm still going.

Right now I'm reading Judges. So far I've completed, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Joshua since December 22.

I just have to say that I'm being spoken to the same now as when our church read through The Story of the Bible last year.

We're no different from the Israelites. God asked them to love Him and serve Him in return for His protection. He moved mountains to free them from slavery and save them from their enemies. Yet, the Israelites still screwed up. They still blew Him off.

How does it happen? We say: "If God will do this, I will do that."

We are liars.

He keeps his promises and we do not.

Why is it so hard to just keep His commands?

Because we live in a world full of sin.

Decide today who you will be. It's not an easy road, but make the commitment again...and again. Stay on the path. It's the only one worth your attention.

Joshua 24
 14 “So fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly. Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord alone. 15 But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts