Monday, January 18, 2010

Spiritual Sunday - Winter Retreat



What a great…and exhausting weekend!

We took almost 70 kids in grades 6-12 to Family First Sports Park in Erie, PA for Winter Retreat.

I really tried to get enough sleep, but it’s really just impossible. I went to bed at 1:30am Friday night and 2:30am Saturday night and took half the group to Splash Lagoon for the day on Sunday. I write this on the bus ride home and I AM TIRED.

My eyes have held up remarkably well and I’m hoping this is a sign of better things to come with them. I have made a commitment (over and over again) to just trust God to take care of me…which is what he speaks to me loud and clear.  I have my moments of panic and fear, but for the most part I’m trusting well.

As I sit here cranky and feeling extremely nasty for the awful-for-you food I’ve been cramming in all weekend, it’s a good feeling too; all of these kids in one room reaching toward heaven to get closer to Maker of Heaven and Earth. And you know what? They met Him there this weekend. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts