Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Uncertainty

Is it possible to be thankful for uncertainty?

I don't know if it actually is or not, but I'm trying to give thanks in all situations. At the moment, I'm not sure where the direction of my life will lead in a number of areas.
Who isn't thankful for the sun and warm temperatures we've been having in the north east. This is a photo of our house just a week ago. All that rain washed away the mounds of snow that still overtook the house. Now I can see green grass and tulips sprouting (even though I ripped out all of my perennials last year and put plastic down.)

In the same way, God uses the rain in our lives to wash away all that hinders us, so that the green grass underneath is that much sweeter.

Be thankful in your uncertainty today. Maybe, just maybe God is washing the crud away so you can readily welcome the beauty He reveals.

1 comment:

  1. "The hurricanes of God seem devastating sometimes, but He sends them to accomplish things that might not happen any other way - the cleansing that your life needs. The new priorities your life needs. He's removing what's blocked the sun so something beautiful can grow there."

    I read this the other day from the site you and Ricky send me verses from sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts