Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Thump Thump Thump

Ahhh! Today I'm so thankful I got to hear that beautiful little heart beating inside me. 156 beats of pure joy per minute. I really could listen to it all day.

I was so glad we could hear it as soon as he put the doppler on my abdomen - right where I usually feel movement from the baby. Reassuring.

I had Hannah with me and she cracks me up. When she heard the heart beat, she gasped and the doctor looked at her. She said, "I think I'm going to cry!" The doctor said, "Did she just say she's going to cry?" I just shrugged and said, "I guess she's been around my emotions too much."

It's interesting to have your daughter with you while you pee in a cup. She was thoroughly disgusted watching the nurse test it as well.

Walking out of the office I started to feel misty eyed. I mean, there's really a little baby in there. Squirming around. Our baby. It's more than my butt just growing at an astounding rate! I can't wait to know what it is!!! Most are saying BOY, and I think it's probably a boy too - though I haven't had any of my "famous" dreams to give me a solid opinion. We'll see!

And can I just say - WHAT IS UP WITH THE VEINS IN MY HANDS????

I'm also thankful that our new house is ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST finished being painted. I forget what my husband looks like!

I almost forgot - I'm also thankful that Hannah's knees are ok. She woke up two days ago and couldn't walk. I was so afraid she was showing symptoms of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (which is what I have that causes all of my eye problems). Luckily she seemed to recover quickly and it hasn't happened again. I pray that was the end of it and that she over worked it the day before and slept on it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts