Sunday, July 11, 2010

Spiritual Sunday

It feels like I've been on a hiatus from reading my Bible. I don't like that. It makes me feel hypocritical because we read the Bible to Hannah every night and spend time with her in prayer, but if we're not doing the same on our own, what kind of example are we?

So, I am getting back into it, picking up where I left off when trying to read through the Bible cover to cover at the end of last year and the beginning of this year. I'm reading through 1 Chronicles right now when Saul has died and David becomes King.

It truly is amazing. If you read the story of David, he spends much of his early years running from Saul who tried to kill him. He never spoke ill will of him and it's obvious God blessed him. After Saul died, the people flocked to honor David as their King.

God spoke clearly to David and the people knew that.

Here's my question. Did God speak more clearly to David than he does to us, or did David just listen?

When they were moving the ark, David did not consult God on how to do it and someone ended up dead.

When David consulted God about how to attack the Philistines in war, and LISTENED for a response, David's army won every time.

Let us try to listen to what God has to say before criticizing how we've been wronged in life. I pray I can be someone who listens for God's will and follows it with JOY. I have a whole lot of growing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts