Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spiritual Sunday - A Glimpse Into The Future - From the Past

I find it fascinating to see what God said through the prophets about the coming of Christ. Back in Chronicles, as David is thinking about building a better housing structure for the ark, God reminds him, through the prophet Nathan what his real purpose is, and I find it simply amazing.

"And now I declare that the Lord will build a house for you - a dynasty of Kings! For when you die, I will raise up one of your sons, and I will make his kingdom strong. He is the one who will build a house - a temple - for me. And I will establish his throne forever. I will be his father and he will be my son. I will not take my unfailing love from him as I took it from Saul, who ruled before you. I will establish him over my dynasty and my kingdom for all time and his throne will be secure forever."

1 Chronicles 17:10-14 (NLT)

Imagine how David felt. Jesus was to come from his bloodline. It's just fascinating to me, as well as a reminder of the might and power of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts