Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tips And Hints Tuesday - More On Organization

Call it nesting or call it the start of a busy school year, but I have an itch to get everything in order. Lately, I've been feeling like I'm accomplishing a quarter of what needs done in a day. I'm finding that I become so overwhelmed with what needs to be done, that I do nothing. So, last night I took the bull by the horns.

If you're feeling like I did last night, let me recommend some ideas to get you back on track. Who knows how long it will last, but so far I feel fresh and ready to go.

A while back I showed you my Daily Life Organizer. Since moving and having life change, I've altered it a bit to suit me now, but I'm going to try to pick this back up again. But before I even looked at that, I sat down with a piece of paper and wrote down the goals that were important for me to maintain each day. These are things that I feel fulfill my family and me on a daily basis.

My list looked like this (in no particular order):

Bible Reading
Active play with hannah
Meal planning
Time with Matt
Exercise
Catch up on Scrapbooking
Work
Computer time
Blogging
Emma's Room
Budgeting/Bills

If you look at my list - not one item includes cleaning...perplexing.

I look at it this way - In order to accomplish the above goals - I need to organize my day so that I have TIME for the things I WANT to do.

So (and I realize this sounds neurotic) - I planned out my day today - last night. I wrote down what I want to have accomplished during time frames the entire day. Crazy? Maybe. But, I find myself killing hours doing virtually nothing and have nothing to show for my day at bed time, leaving me feeling useless, unaccomplished, and still overwhelmed with what needs done.

So, today's tip is to PLAN YOUR DAY. Write it down and check it off.  It will get you motivated and help you to accomplish your to dos. I find writing it on paper is better for me than typing it on a computer.

Next week - I'll let you in on the Organizational Binder I'm creating. Hopefully I'll still be using it by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts