Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tips And Hints Tuesday - My Binder...

....is not finished.

It's functioning well for me and I've been debating all morning on whether or not to show it to you (as I've actually gotten some requests to see it!) because it isn't perfect.

But then, As I sit here, I'm thinking - it doesn't need to be perfect, it needs to be functional.

You all know I use my daily life organizer and I posted a link to what it looks like on last week's Tips And Hint's Tuesday. Basically it has a list of chores to do each day, spread out over the week, slots to check off my water intake, Bible reading and blogging.

Then in my binder I have dividers that allow me to plan out my day in a more detailed way. I'll write down everything that needs accomplished in the order I want to do it.

I have a tab and loose leaf paper for meal planning, projects, longer term to-dos, shopping lists, budgeting, and a pocket in the back to hold my coupons. It's really nice to have everything in one spot and when I think of something - I can quickly jot it down in the appropriate area helping me not to forget things! There's also a folder in there to hold miscellaneous things. It's been really great and for the most part, I'm sticking with it. I don't beat myself up if I miss something - but it's easy to get back on track - and things are getting done.

Here are a couple poor quality pictures of my primitive little binder.

This photo is flipped, but it's the front of the binder showing where I jot down my detailed daily plans.
This is the back of the binder which shows my coupon pocket and the folder for stray items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts