Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wellness Wednesday - Easy Ways to Maintain A Healthy Weight

Well, if you're trying to manage you're weight and you're anything like me, you can put away food without even realizing how much you're consuming. Some days I just try to forget what I ate because I am able to consume massive quantities without batting an eyelash!

I'm not a fan of dieting, eating only sprouts and grapefruit, or counting points. What has worked for me in the past consists of 4 very simple steps.

1. 30 minutes of cardio most days. I don't beat myself up if I miss a day, but my rule is - I can't miss more than one day in a row.

2. One Plate Rule No seconds. This is hard for me because I like to pick - especially when I'm putting food away.

3. Keep A Food Log Write down what you're eating. You'll be surprised at how much you're consuming with a little taste here and a little snack there.

4. Don't Eat After 6pm period.

As you can see, my tips do not include specific foods although I eat fruits and vegetable every day. I allow myself junk here and there and I eat dessert...every day. I need something sweet!

At this point - you can't totally model yourself after me because I'm gaining a half a pound a week! But, before I started growing a baby, I was able to maintain a very healthy weight and BMI by doing these things.

Start that log today! And remember, write it ALL down! You'll be less likely to eat randomly if you have to account for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts