Monday, September 27, 2010

Money Monday - When you get discouraged.

Money is overwhelming, frustrating and discouraging at times.

When, on your journey to financial freedom, you're feeling like you're never going to "arrive" and maybe even like quitting - let me remind you of a few things.

Every step forward is one closer to your goal. BABY STEPS.

The freedom that comes with a lack of debt is worth a difficult journey to get there.

It's always easier to get yourself INTO a mess than it is to get OUT.

Work hard now, be rich later! Be stupid now, PAY PAY PAY FOREVER!

Focus on mini goals instead of the end goal.

Look how far you've come, not how far you have to go.

You can do this!!!!!!!

It's great being debt free and all. I know we're doing pretty well building our emergency fund and saving to pay cash for cars, but I'm sick of paying for car repairs and inching our way to our goals. I want to buy maternity clothes, stuff for the nursery, artwork for my house and furniture for my bedroom. The attic floor needs put in and the siding is STILL damaged from the snow in February. I'm feeling discouraged because there's just not enough money to all of this stuff right now AND buy a new car. Within the next year we need to come up with at least $9,000 and that just seems like a huge goal with a new baby on the way in 9 weeks! So, as you can see, I need some encouragement myself.

Does the discouragement make it worth it to me to go out and finance a car?

Nope.

That answer will always be the same.

So, that said, we might as well suck it up, look how far we've come, and keep plugging away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts