Saturday, September 25, 2010

Scrumptious Saturday

Some of you have been asking for the pizza dough recipe that I've been using. It's quick and easy and I've adapted it to make my own "hot pockets" for the freezer for lunches.

This is the straight up pizza dough recipe. Please note that I use half white and half wheat flour.

If I am making pockets - I make the dough and then keep cutting the dough in half until I have around 30 little golf ball sized balls.

I roll them in my hands and flatten them out on the table with my rolling pin. I put 1 teaspoon of filling in the dough. If you put more in, you will be sorry! It overflows and doesn't seal properly.

Then I fold the dough over, pinch it shut and use the back of a fork to seal the edges.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

FILLING:
Whatever you want!

Pick a meat, a veggie and a binder - with seasonings to your liking.

I've done:

roasting chicken, broccoli and a light cheese/light ranch dressing mixture to bind
pepperoni, spinach, sauce and mozzarella
turkey, broccoli and cheddar/light sour cream to bind

The options for fillings are endless. Just prepare and have slightly cooled before you roll out your dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts