Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spiritual Sunday - It's pretty simple.

I'm still reading through the Bible and working my way through 2 Chronicles. I'm almost on to Ezra!

I know it's the Old Testament and things have changed under the New Testament, but sometimes I'm just fascinated by the stupidity of some of the ancestors of David who reigned as kings during this time - and how it's applicable to today. Maybe hindsight is 20/20, but come on.

It's totally clear that when these guys followed God and tried to please Him, He blessed them....and when they didn't...he didn't. It's this total back and forth game they play where success abounds when these people align themselves with God, and destruction ensues when they try to do their own thing.

Uh...sound familiar?

This is totally how we live our lives today! It's not that our lives are perfect when we follow Jesus - but the puzzle pieces certainly fit together much better!

I leave you with this:

Proverbs 8:32 And so my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts