Sunday, September 26, 2010

Spiritual Sunday - No Quitting!

It's amazing to me, as I read Nehemiah, how nothing stopped him. He went into Jerusalem to rebuild the wall. The government officials were not happy in the least with him. He had been told he had no authority to come in and do what he was doing. But his response was always - "God is with me." and "The God of Heaven will help us succeed." (Nehemiah 2:20)

It's so interesting how quickly we quit, forget about God, or assume he's abandoned us. Look what Nehemiah faced - ultimately death, but he knew God was with him, so he plugged away. Was he afraid? I'm sure. But, when you have the God of the universe on your side and you BELIEVE it, I suppose you make it through.

Today's encouragement: No quitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts