Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tips and Hints Tuesday - Stop your cookies from burning

I have a couple of old, dark cookie sheets that I now only use for roasting vegetables. They burn my cookies and anything delicate that I put in them.

I have the lighter colored air-bake cookie sheets and I love them, but I've run into a problem.

When I make granola that needs stirred (my low-fat recipe will finally be posted on Saturday) those pans don't work, because they don't have sides. But, when I try to use my dark cookie sheets, the granola turns to BLACK in about 5 minutes.

Not ready to buy more cookie sheets, I simply used a piece of parchment paper to line the dark pan and my granola came out perfectly.

I was surprised at the expensive cost of parchment paper, but for as long as it lasts, it's worth it. Plus, it's way cheaper than buying new cookie sheets for one recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts