Saturday, January 1, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday - Back in the Saddle

Happy New Year! 1/1/11

I haven't been blogging OR cooking much lately. With the holidays and the new baby, I've had a nice little break. We had so many people bring us some seriously delicious food for almost two weeks after Emma was born.

As we near the end of a fantastic vacation where Matt has been home a bunch, I need to get ready for school to start again and for Matt to go back to work BLAH!

Yesterday, I made some granola and ham and cheese hot pockets for Matt and Hannah's lunches. I need to make some corn dog muffins for the freezer too....when I get around to it.

I'm cutting coupons and menu planning so I know what to buy when I finally make it to the grocery store. Menu planning ensures that I do not overspend and that I have everything I need when it comes time to make dinner.

Here are some of the things the Terebessy's will be eating over the next week or two. I don't usually eat the stuff I make for breakfast and lunch. My lunch usually consists of a salad with homemade vinaigrette. I always make enough food to last us two meals. We're not leftover snobs in this house.

Breakfasts:
Egg and Cheese English Muffin Sandwiches
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Homemade Granola

Lunches:
Whole Wheat Corn Dog Muffins
Turkey Meatloaf (we have some frozen leftover in the freezer)
Homemade Broccoli/Ham/Cheese Hot pockets on wheat
Almond Butter and Jelly Sandwiches (homemade honey oat bread in the freezer)
Fruit/Carrots/Cucumbers

Dinner:
Homemade pepperoni pizza with roasted broccoli
Grilled BBQ chicken breasts with mixed roasted veggies
Turkey burgers (with turkey bacon and grilled onions), homemade buns, grilled asian green beans
Teriyaki turkey meatballs, brown rice and sugar snap peas
Cranberry BBQ chicken with cous cous and peas
Green Chili Enchilada Casserole with sweet corn cake

I have recipes for all for all of these if you're interested.

Life is a lot easier when I menu plan because there's no blank staring into the fridge at 3 o'clock wondering what I'm going to feed my family - and then sending Matt to subway.

Try it today! ...or tomorrow since today's a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts