Saturday, January 8, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday - Perfect Baked Fries

I have tried SO HARD to get home made baked fries to taste good. I don't need them to tasted exactly like the deep fried version, I just want them to be crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and flavorful.

I think I may have finally got it.

First, at the direction of my sister-in-law Doreen, I soak the peeled, cut potatoes in water for 30 minutes to an hour. I'm not quite sure what this does, but I'm going to assume that it removes some of the starch from the potatoes allowing them to brown.

Drain the water and pat the potatoes down with a clean, dry dish towel.

Then, here's the recipe I follow for 4 large-ish potatoes.

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

In a bowl combine:

2tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tps paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder

Add potatoes and toss to coat.

Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, tossing again.

Arrange potatoes in a single layer on 2 baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.

After MANY tries, this one worked for me.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts