Sunday, January 2, 2011

Spiritual Sunday - Wisdom

In my journey through the Bible, I'm kind of stuck on Job. Honestly, I just don't want to read it. All that tragedy just gives me a bad feeling. I know I need to push through it - but that's how I feel.

Anyhow, I came to an interlude in the book on wisdom and how hard it is to find. Isn't that the truth?

In chapter 28, verse 23 it says, "God understands the way to it and he alone knows where it dwells."

The chapter ends with, "The fear of the Lord - that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding."

After reading that last statement, I ponder what it is to truly fear the Lord and what biblical fear really is. It makes sense to me that if you're wise - you understand how huge and holy God is and you try not to "mess" with Him. And, in turn you show that you understand this by staying away from sin.

I suppose it seems logical - just a whole lot easier said than done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts