Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spiritual Sunday

Well, I'm feeling a little out of the loop this morning.

Matt's been at Winter Retreat with 75 of my favorite teenagers all weekend, and I stayed home with my babies. I'm not resentful in the least - I enjoy being with my babies, but I do miss being there. I've only missed one Winter Retreat in the last 12 years and that was 9 years ago when my grandmother passed away. I love seeing pictures of our kids worshipping. That's such an inspiration, encouragement, and example to all of us - old and young alike.

I was going to venture out to take the kids to church this morning and to my sister's concert at IUP, but both girls have colds - so we'll be just hanging around the house today. Emma was up all night feeling yucky.

So what do you do spiritually when it seems as though the things that should recharge you are out of reach?

I believe you should rejoice.

Psalm 35:9 Then I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be glad because he rescues me.

Psalm 97:12 May all who are godly rejoice in the Lord and praise his holy name.

Phil. 3:1 Whatever happens dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord.

And rejoice I will because whether I'm in church or not, I can worship God for his love, salvation, and blessings on my life - and there are many. So I sit here today thankful and at peace.

Rejoice today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts