Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wellness Wednesday - Be Nice To Yourself


See these two sweet little girls? I happen to love them with every fiber of my being.

Having a 7 week old baby and a Kindergartner can be challenging. Maybe I'm a wuss or something, because I've found that, while I'm totally loving my life, I become very frustrated that I can't do "things" at the same capacity I used to do them. I can't clean as much as fast. I can't do as much in one day. I don't love the way I look anymore...not that I did before - but you know what I mean.

When I go out, I have to do so much planning. Sometimes it's just easier to stay at home. I have to nurse my baby in the car and plan outings around her schedule. And someone is always sick around here!

That said, when things change your plans, or you beat yourself up because you can't squeeze it all in, in a day, take a deep breath, take your time, and do what you CAN get done happily. The rest will wait until tomorrow.

I've learned to give myself a break. When I'm nursing in my tiny car, I look at it as a built in time to relax. If there are dishes in the sink - yes, that drives me crazy, but it's okay. Emma is only a baby once, and I could just sit and gaze at her ALL DAY. I love caring for her and Hannah.

So, from now on, I'm putting the following on my to do list...then I'll feel accomplished:

1. Play with kids
2. Change 400 poopy diapers
3. Change 200 outfits as a result of blowouts from aforementioned poopy diapers.
4. Feed Baby
5. Feed Baby
6. Feed Baby
7. Feed Baby
8. Feed Baby
8. Feed Baby
9. Feed Baby
10. Feed Baby
11. Find something for family to eat - even if it is Hostess donuts :) No wait, those are mine.

So today, take a deep breath, do something for YOU today and cut yourself some slack. You'll be in a much better frame of mind to do what needs done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts