Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wellness Wednesday

I think New Year's Resolutions are stupid. I never make them - but every once in a while, I get a burst of motivation to get my house organized or to lose weight.

When a friend suggested some accountability regarding eating, exercising, and drinking water, I was leery. I mean, I like pizza - and SUGAR! But once I got started and saw that scale drop a pound - I became motivated to shed these last few pregnancy pounds. I want to buy some new clothes (I have a gift card), but I refuse to do so until I get the rest of my weight off.

Now that I'm accountable to someone and have to send her a list of the things that I ate for the day - I'm much less likely to pound a bag of mini Cadbury eggs...but I'm still going to eat some after dinner! I can't deny myself or I'll binge completely.

I'm also trying to get back into drinking more water and exercising most days. I've gotten kinda lazy with both.

To keep track of my calories, water intake, and exercising, I've jumped on the "My Fitness Pal" bandwagon. I can see it annoying me by being too time consuming at some point, but right now, it's really helping me know how much (or how little) I need to eat to lose a pound a week. I hope to reach my goal weight by the end of the month. If you want to check it out - it's really quite easy to navigate. They even have a free iPhone app for it. Because I have never kept track of my calories, I find it quite interesting at the end of the day to see how many I've consumed. I'm realizing that condiments can ruin a meal calorically speaking!

Anyhow, I have 2.5lb to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight and 2 more pounds to get to where I'll be comfortable. It seems like such a little bit of weight to lose - but I'll remind you, I'm only 5 feet tall! 5 pounds is a lot on me!

So anyway - that's where my wellness is going right now. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts