Saturday, January 14, 2012

Scrumptious Saturday - 10 ideas for Smoothies

I love my Real Simple Magazine - and I love my smoothies!

A year ago, they included a section on smoothies. I tore out the article and I'm just getting around to sharing it with you. Follow the link for the full article. I'll just give you my favorites.

Mango

1 cup chopped ripe mango
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1/2 cup ice
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I'd use vanilla)
1 tbsp honey

Blend in blender until smooth

344 calories


Banana-Cashew

Place in blender:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews

Cover and refrigerate until cashews have softened, at least 6 hours.

Add 1 cup ice
1/2 banana (I'd use a whole banana)
1 tbsp maple syrup (I'd use honey)

Blend until smooth.

301 calories





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts