Corn dog muffins have always been a go to for me. I freeze them for lunches and they're a crowd pleaser. I am pleasantly surprised that my first attempt at gluten/dairy/refined sugar free corn dog muffins are delicious and easy.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil (canola works fine)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup homemade non-dairy buttermilk substitute (1 cup almond milk with 1 tsp cream of tartar OR 1tbsp lemon juice OR white vinegar. Let sit 5-8 minutes stirring once)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Biscuit/Baking Mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Oscar Mayer Selects Hotdogs (No nitrates or preservatives) cut into bite sized pieces. Smaller seems to be easier
- 1/2-3/4 cup steamed SEASONED pureed/very finely chopped broccoli (mine was seasoned with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper
Preheat oven to 375
- Whisk wet ingredients together. (first four ingredients)
- Separately whisk dry ingredients together (next four ingredients)
- Stir dry ingredients into wet.
- Fold in hot dogs and broccoli
- Use 1/3 cup measuring cup to fill approximately 16 muffin cups.
Bake for 18-20 minutes depending on your oven.
I am very pleased with the results of these! My 21 month old taste-tester approves too!