Sunday, September 20, 2015

This Week's Easy Fall Dinner Plan - Delicious & Easily made gluten/dairy free

Sometimes I make meals so difficult on myself. I'm in the kitchen for hours, making special trips to the store for weird ingredients, and feeling discouraged when dinner is over in 15 minutes.

The past couple of weeks, when planning meals, I decided to keep it simple. The weather won't be completely fall-like here, but dinner time will be.

I'm posting to give you some inspiration for relatively simple and well balanced dinners. Plus, they're all tested and deemed delicious by those I live with...and me!

All of these dinners are gluten and dairy free naturally (or can easily be made so) and economical. No weird substitutions necessary.

So, let me know if you try one of these out and what you think. I also adapt some of these to fit our lifestyle, reduce sugar, or increase vegetable content.

Hamburger Soup/Crackers 
I use ground turkey instead of beef and add extra vegetables (often green beans).
I also just use beef broth and granulated onion in place of the onion soup, gluten free soy sauce and gluten free noodles.

Honey Garlic Chicken with Smashed Potatoes & Green Beans
Uses inexpensive boneless skinless chicken thighs
Use gluten free soy sauce if making gluten free
I reduce the amount of honey to limit sugar content

GLUTEN FREE TIP: Instead of buying outrageously expensive gluten free soy sauce, check out store brands, often they're the cheapest on the shelf and they naturally don't include wheat as an ingredient.

Ronaldos Carnitas on toasted corn tortillas & roasted Broccoli
I use a tenderloin roast. This is so easy and REALLY good. Feeds an army.

Breakfast for Dinner. Omelets with veggies , turkey bacon, fruit

White Chicken Chili with Corn Bread & Salad
The corn bread is an a gluten free recipe with gluten free ingredients. I cut the sugar to a couple tablespoons and use almond milk instead of soy. This recipe is the best.
Can sub chicken broth for water in the Chili.

I'm SURE we will have a leftover day.

I did make a large pot of beans and rice for lunches this week too.

Good luck menu planning! It makes a busy week so much easier and takes the guess work out of what to cook. It also saves money while keeping you from ordering takeout or buying unneeded items at the grocery store!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts