Monday, October 12, 2015

This Week's Menu! Easily Gluten/Dairy Free


Do you remember when you were a kid, and you couldn't wait to see what kind of goodies, your mom brought home from the grocery store? Yeah, well, I don't think my family gets that excited. That's a lot of green from this morning's grocery trip! I did find a box of Nutter Butters that someone threw in the cart. He shall remain nameless...but I bet you could guess!

Here's what's happening this week in my kitchen!

Hannah asked for homemade dairy free mac and cheese for lunch, so I'll be making some of that for her.

I've been OBSESSED with my new kitchen gadget, the "Veggetti." Yes, it could have been named better...Nonetheless,  I've been eating sauteed zucchini noodles, constantly. They are so good!

Here's what we're having for dinner!

Chicken Broccoli Chowder with mini biscuits (I use the recipe from the back of the gluten free baking mix from Aldi)

Turkey Tenderloin (purchased at Aldi already marinated). Grill or bake according to package directions. Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes, and roasted green beans. Love this sweet potato recipe.

Korean Beef Bowls served with rice and peas. I reduce the brown sugar. This quick, simple and SO good!

Honey Balsamic Chicken Tenders This is a new recipe for us. Roasted mixed veggies, and pasta

Pan Seared Flounder with seasonings,  polenta cakes, and side salad. I've never made polenta before, so I'm going to try Giada's recipe. Refrigerate, and then slice it and grill. Tomato sauce on the side.


And for a little something sweet...

No Bake Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Granola Bars

This is my most requested recipe. It's ALWAYS a hit. It's very forgiving if you want to edit or adjust. I use honey, dairy free chocolate (or dark chocolate chips), gluten free oats, gluten free Rice Krispies and sliced almonds. They're great for breakfast or dessert.

Happy Cooking!


1 comment:

  1. Oh those granola bars!! So yummy, but I will eat the entire pan lol so we can't make them unless we're having company!
    When you do your zuke noodles, what seasonings/sauces do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts