Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Warning: It's My Anniversary

It's my 14th anniversary...so I'm gonna gush. You've been warned. I keep it tame as often as I can, but most of the time, I'm just terribly in love.

I can say that right? I mean, I'm really in love with my husband.
My high school graduation 2000.
Is our marriage perfect? Of course not. In 17 years together, we've been through so much. Illness, surgeries, grief, worries and sadness. But, we've also been through even more beauty, joy, love, fun, and laughter. Through all of it, my choice has not wavered. I'm in love with my husband.

1999 Niagara Falls
He is the most selfless, loving man I have ever known.
He is a fierce protector with a gentle spirit. 

Mission Trip to Mexico City 2000

I know Jesus better because of who Matt is.

Babies. Just started dating 1999
He always puts our needs above his own.

He makes me laugh. A lot.

I've given up trying to figure out how and why I get to do life with someone I adore so much, and have just accepted the gift.

2002
Eighteen years ago, as teenagers, Matt and I met at our youth group, the same one we still support today. I was 17 and he was 19 a year later when we started dating. I knew immediately that I was not only in love, but safe with an amazing man.

Getting' hitched 2002
Three years later at 20 and 22 years old, we were married. Both in college. Broke. Living on love and pizza rolls. Actually, for almost 4 years until we graduated college and Hannah was 5 months old, we lived on the second floor of a funeral home. The rent was cheap and the neighbors were quiet. Get it?

Hannah 2005

Five years after that, years full of ups and downs, trials and hopes, we found out our second miracle, Emma Grace was on her way and, although she was small, she was (and is) mighty.

Emma 2010

My heart is full of God's provision, and I am SO THANKFUL that He has blessed me with a husband to walk with. Lean on. Care for. Hold on to. 


Reading & Drinking Coffee...We love.
Biking, Basketball, Working out together...We also love.

Our babies 2015...we REALLY LOVE!

Today, we have traditional roles. Provider, amazing father, loving husband & stay at home wife and mama. It works well for us. I pray that we have and look forward to many many years more together watching our family grow and serving God with them.

Orlando 2016

No, life isn't perfect, but it is beautiful. I can't even dream up a man who would be a better husband, love, father and friend than Matt, and I thank God for him every single day.

Hanging out on the North Shore 2016
Happy 14th Anniversary to my Baby! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts